Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Manga Book Club Meeting, 7/25/09

The Manga Book Club will have its next meeting on Saturday, July 25, from 4:00 to 6:00 at the Mesquite North Branch Library, 2600 Oates Dr.

So we started watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood at the last meeting. We had a few technical problems--first time running a computer signal through the projector and all. The main thing I learned is that I need to start running the episodes at the start of the meeting so that the buffer fills and we can watch them without hiccups and stutters. We only got to watch one episode, but we'll do better next time.

I got some new mangas in, including the last two volumes of Fruits Basket. I loved the ending of this series, especially the very sweet last image. We got a donation a few weeks ago, but Summer Reading Club has kept me too busy to do a "new books" post. I'll try to get that done before too long.

What: Manga Book Club
When: Saturday, July 25, from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Where: Mesquite North Branch Library, 2600 Oates Dr.

For more information, call Susan Harding at the North Branch Library at 972-681-0465.

No comments: