Friday, December 14, 2007

Azumanga Daioh by Kiyohiko Azuma


Rated T for Teen 13+ from ADV Manga

The Main Library has book volume 1
The North Branch Library has books volumes 1, 3-4

This is the place to discuss the series Azumanga Daioh. I'm not going to tell you to avoid all spoilers, but do be careful and keep in mind that not everyone has read all the books (so far!) And if you haven't read them all, just be aware that there may be spoilers in the comments.

I will admit to having been a little surprised by this series. Instead of reading like a complete story, it is a series of 4-panel strips, rather like a collection of Peanuts or Garfield comics. I'm not saying that that's bad, I just wasn't expecting it. (And in the interest of full disclosure, I must admit I've only read the first volume so far.) Does anyone know if this is published as a daily strip first and then collected into books?

No comments: