Friday, December 14, 2007

Boys Over Flowers by Yoko Kamio


Rated T for Teen 13+ from VIZ Media

The North Branch Library has books volumes 1-9, 11-15, 17-20, 22-29.

This is the place to discuss the series Boys Over Flowers. I'm not going to tell you to avoid all spoilers, but do be careful and keep in mind that not everyone has read all the books (so far!) And if you haven't read them all, just be aware that there may be spoilers in the comments.

I will admit having a hard time with Boys Over Flowers. Is it supposed to be a serious look at bullying in schools? Or is it supposed to be a campy over-the-top story, like the Clique novels or Gossip Girl? (And on the more superficial side, I didn't really care for the artwork.) I tried a couple of volumes, but then I gave it up. Did I give up too soon? I know this series has some big fans--convince me to go back and read it again.

No comments: