Friday, December 14, 2007

Death Note by Tsugumi Ohba


Rated OT for Older Teen 16+ from VIZ Media

The Main Library has book volume 1

This is the place to discuss the series Death Note. I'm not going to tell you to avoid all spoilers, but do be careful and keep in mind that not everyone has read all the books (so far!) And if you haven't read them all, just be aware that there may be spoilers in the comments.

I haven't read any of the manga, but I've been watching the series on Adult Swim. I am enjoying it, especially watching Kira/Light as he moves from a supposedly altruistic mind-set (I'll rid the world of criminals) to a much more selfish one (I'll have to kill anyone who could possibly identify me.) I do find it hard to watch L, whose wide eyes never blink, but he's a fascinating character. The shinigami (Ryok?) is a blast to watch--is he just a witness, or is he carefully orchestrating Kira's descent into darkness? One thing is for sure, these shinigami are nothing like the ones in Bleach!

No comments: